National News
’60 Minutes’ segment on CECOT prison mysteriously delayed
NEWNow you can hearken to Fox Information articles!
CBS’ “60 Minutes” has postponed a phase interviewing migrants despatched to El Salvador’s maximum-security jail, CECOT, after being deported by the Trump administration.
The “Inside CECOT” phase was initially going to function correspondent Sharyn Alfonsi interviewing “a few of the now launched deportees, who describe the brutal and torturous circumstances.”
“Earlier this yr, the Trump administration deported a whole bunch of Venezuelan migrants to El Salvador, a rustic most had no ties to, claiming they have been terrorists. This transfer led to an ongoing authorized battle, and 9 months later the U.S. authorities has nonetheless not launched the names of all these deported and positioned in CECOT, one in all El Salvador’s hardest prisons,” the spokesperson stated. press release for the learn phase.
KRISTI NOEM EXPLAINS ‘FAKE NEWS’ REPORT ON DEPPORTED SALVADORAN NATIONAL, SAYS SCOTUS ‘CLEAR MESSAGE’

“60 Minutes” delayed the “Inside CECOT” phase hours earlier than it aired. (Screenshot/CBS information)
Nonetheless, hours earlier than the episode aired on Sunday, the present launched a Editor’s note about X decelerate the phase.
“The lineup for tonight’s version of 60 Minutes has been up to date. Our report ‘Inside CECOT’ will air in a future broadcast,” the word stated.
The phase was changed with one titled “The Kanneh Masons“, specializing in seven British siblings who “have turn into sensations within the classical music world.”
TRUMP OPEN TO SENDING VIOLENT AMERICAN CRIMINALS TO THE PRISONS OF EL SALVADOR
The present didn’t present a cause for the delay, however a CBS spokesperson advised Fox Information Digital that the community “decided that extra reporting was crucial.”

“60 Minutes” correspondent Sharyn Alfonsi interviewed inmates from El Salvador’s jail. (Salvadoran Authorities through Getty Pictures)
“60 Minutes” additionally privatized the preview for the phase on its YouTube channel, during which Alfonsi spoke to a former inmate about his “4 months of hell.”
“Did you assume you have been going to die there?” Alfonsi requested.
DHS SECRETARY KRISTI SAID HER OFFICE ONLY REMOVES ‘CRIMINALS’ FROM THE US
“To be trustworthy, we thought we have been already the residing lifeless,” one prisoner replied.

Inmates with MS-13 gang tattoos look out of their cells as Homeland Safety Secretary Kristi Noem excursions the Terrorist Confinement Heart (CECOT) in Tecoluca, El Salvador on March 26, 2025. (Alex Brandon-Pool/Getty Pictures)
The Trump administration has confronted controversy over the deportation of a whole bunch of Venezuelan gang members to CECOT earlier this yr. In March, U.S. District Decide James Boasberg issued an emergency order blocking President Donald Trump from deporting sure migrants to El Salvador. Regardless of the order, a whole bunch of migrants remained in CECOT for months.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FOX NEWS APP
Boasberg has since ordered the Justice Division to supply the standing and site of the migrants.
-
Michigan12 months agoUS District Judge rules that President Trump can dismantle USAID
-
Macomb County10 months agoWho’s running for Michigan’s 10th Congressional District?
-
Michigan10 months agoWhen is Holland’s tulip festival? What to know about the west Michigan event
-
National News11 months agoWATCH LIVE: Stranded NASA astronauts heading back to Earth in SpaceX capsule
-
Michigan12 months agoPresident Trump’s Address to Congress – Key Takeaway
-
Michigan10 months ago5 common Michigan snakes you may see as the weather warms
-
Michigan10 months agoMichigan hunter? Here’s a list of the hunting seasons for 2025
-
Oakland County9 months agoLa Loulou brings a slice of Paris to Piedmont Ave., Cafe Noir moves to Prescott Market

