National News
Iran secretly rebuilding nuclear sites after US strikes, opposition says
NEWNow you can take heed to Fox Information articles!
Iran is rebuilding nuclear energy crops broken by earlier US assaults and making ready for struggle regardless of talks with the Trump administration, based on a outstanding Iranian opposition determine.
Alireza Jafarzadeh, deputy director of the Washington workplace of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI), the just lately launched satellite tv for pc photographs additionally show that the regime has accelerated its efforts to revive its “$2 trillion” uranium enrichment capabilities.
“The regime has clearly stepped up efforts to rebuild its uranium enrichment capabilities,” Jafarzadeh instructed Fox Information Digital. “The nation is making ready for a potential struggle by making an attempt to take care of and guarantee its safety of its nuclear weapons program.”
IRAN SAYS US ‘MUST PROVE THEY WANT TO MAKE A DEAL’ ON NUCLEAR TALKS IN GENEVA
Reconstruction actions seem like underway at Iran’s nuclear advanced in Isfahan. (Planet Labs PBC/handout by way of Reuters)
“That mentioned, the continuing rebuilding of Iran’s uranium enrichment capabilities is especially alarming because the regime is now engaged in nuclear talks with the US,” he added.
New satellite tv for pc photographs launched by Earth Intelligence Monitor Planet Labs present that reconstruction actions seem like underway within the Isfahan advanced.
Isfahan is certainly one of three Iranian uranium enrichment crops focused by the US navy operation generally known as ‘Midnight Hammer’.
The June 22 operation concerned coordinated air and naval assaults on the amenities in Fordow, Natanz and Isfahan.
US POSITIONS AIRPLANES, STRIKE PLATFORMS IN THE MIDDLE EAST AS IRAN TALKS A SHIFT TO OMAN
A satellite tv for pc picture reveals tunnel entrances coated in soil on the Isfahan nuclear advanced. (Vantor/handout by way of Reuters)
Regardless of the injury, satellite tv for pc photographs present that Iran has buried the entrances to a tunnel advanced on the website, based on Reuters.
Comparable steps had been reportedly taken on the Natanz plant, which is residence to 2 extra enrichment crops.
“These efforts in Isfahan embrace the reconstruction of the centrifuge program and different actions associated to uranium enrichment,” Jafarzadeh mentioned.
The renewed strikes come as Iran took half in talks with the US in Geneva.
On Thursday, President Donald Trump warned that “dangerous issues” would occur if Iran didn’t make a deal.
Whereas the talks had been aimed toward curbing Iran’s nuclear program in alternate for sanctions aid, Jafarzadeh argues that the talks would quantity to nothing greater than a tactical delay for the regime.
TRUMP SAYS IRAN HAS ALL US CONDITIONS AS MILITARY STRIKE CLOCK IS TICKING
Iran’s Supreme Chief Ayatollah Ali Khamenei “agreed to the nuclear talks as a result of it will give the regime essential time to keep away from or restrict the implications of a confrontation with the West,” Jafarzadeh mentioned. (Workplace of the Supreme Chief of Iran by way of Getty Photographs)
“Supreme Chief Ali Khamenei agreed to the nuclear talks as a result of it will purchase the regime essential time to keep away from or restrict the implications of a confrontation with the West,” he mentioned.
Jafarzadeh additionally described the regime as spending a minimum of “$2 trillion” on nuclear capabilities, which he mentioned “is increased than the whole oil revenues generated for the reason that regime got here to energy in Iran in 1979.”
“Tehran is making an attempt to salvage what’s left of its nuclear weapons program and rebuild it shortly,” he mentioned. “It has invested closely within the nuclear weapons program as a key software for the survival of the regime.”
IRANIAN OFFICIAL SAYS NUCLEAR TALKS WILL CONTINUE AFTER US, TEHRAN NEGOTIATIONS HAD ‘A GOOD START’ IN OMAN
Satellite tv for pc photographs taken on January 30, 2026 present a brand new roof over a beforehand destroyed constructing on the Natanz nuclear website. (2026 PLANET LABS PBC/handout by way of Reuters)
Jafarzadeh is greatest recognized for publicly revealing the existence of Iran’s Natanz nuclear energy plant in 2002, which led to inspections by the Worldwide Atomic Vitality Company and an intensified world investigation into Tehran’s nuclear ambitions.
“The Iranian regime’s insistence through the nuclear talks to take care of its uranium enrichment capabilities whereas rebuilding broken websites is a transparent indication that Supreme Chief Ali Khamenei has no plans to desert his nuclear weapons program,” he mentioned.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FOX NEWS APP
Iran’s Nationwide Council of Resistance, led by Maryam Rajavi, has uncovered for the primary time the nuclear websites in Natanz, Arak, Fordow and greater than 100 different websites and tasks, Jafarzadeh mentioned, “regardless of the regime’s large crackdown on this motion.”